Darüşşafaka Society pursues an efficient information policy that ensures providing proper information to the public, especially its donators, members, parental guardians and employees in line with the principles of Corporate Management.
The aim of the Information Policy is to assure that every penny of the sources entrusted by the donators is used in line with the mission.
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is authorized and responsible for Darüşşafaka Society’s public disclosures and to pursue, observe and develop information policy.
METHOD AND MEANS OF PUBLIC DISCLOSURE
The information is provided by means of information such as financial statements and reports, annual activity reports, web page, press releases, e-bulletin, periodicals, social media and etc. The main methods and means of public disclosure used by Darüşşafaka Society are listed as follows:
- The Society announces its activities to the public on its official website. The Society publishes updated announcements as well as quarterly audited financial reports, immovable sales announcements, tenders on goods and services for all immovable properties on its website.
- The recent developments with regard to the Society are disclosed to the public by e-bulletin twice in a month.
- The periodicals are published under the name of “Darüşşafaka” three times in a year and under the name of “Rezidans” twice in a year, and they are delivered to the public leaders.
- The annual activity report containing auditing reports are delivered to the addresses of the members of the General Assembly by mail before two weeks of the date of the Ordinary General Assembly that is held within March or April each year, and annual activity reports are brought to the public attention on the website.
- Social media is used for information purposes, and therefore, corporate management of social media is conducted at Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/darussafaka), Twitter (https://twitter.com/darussafaka), Youtube (https://youtube.com/darussafaka1) and Linkedin (https://tr.linkedin.com/in/darussafaka).
- The letter of acknowledgement is sent to all members by mail or e-mail and published on the website, where the Chairman of the Board of Directors quarterly summarizes important developments in connection with the Society and to which quarterly financial statements are included.
- The written applications made to Darüşşafaka Society are enumerated and received at the department of record registry at first and shared with the manager of the related unit, and then, responded in writing by specifying the record number.
- The Department of Communication shares the information and questions that are addressed to email@example.com with related units and feedback is provided in writing to the people.
- The donators of Darüşşafaka Society are informed by e-mail, mail or telephone when their donations are received by the Society.
- The names of the donators are announced to the public in accordance with the principle of “transparency” –unless donators otherwise requested – by various mass media.
- Darüşşafaka Society does not share information of the donators with third parties.
- Any information on donators officially required by judicial authorities from Darüşşafaka Society are provided pursuant to the laws.
- Pursuant to the principles of “transparency” and “accountability”, Darüşşafaka Society informs the donators and answers their questions about how their donations are disposed by inviting them to the traditional “Donators’ Day” event, of which first was organized on 20.10.2011, at Maslak Campus once in a year.
- Darüşşafaka Society applies a special communication process with the donators who donated their assets to Darüşşafaka on their wills. These donators of will are regularly informed about the activities of the Society and they are always supported when they need.
- Darüşşafaka Society applies a special communication process with the donators who live at the Residences. The donators of residence and the members of the Board of Directors meet periodically. The donators of residence are provided with quarterly letters of acknowledgement, “Rezidans” journal and “Darüşşafaka” journal twice in a year and Annual Activity Reports. The special dates of the donators such as Birthdays, Mother’s Days, Father’s Days, Teacher’s Day and etc. as well as religious and national holidays are celebrated.
- The Society regularly informs its corporate donators about its efforts, and invites them to the events. The representatives of the biggest corporate donator of the Society, Türkiye Iş Bank, attend the meetings of the Board of Directors with regard to education. They also attend the meetings of the General Assembly, Higher Advisory Council and Education Commission. At the end of each education year, the report on educational expenses and resources drawn up by independent auditors is sent to Türkiye Iş Bank.
- Each year on the Day of Decree, the Society makes a ceremony for sacred spirits of the donators who passed away.
- The Higher Advisory Council (HAC), which avails its opinions for the purpose of powerfully carrying Darüşşafaka to the future and of which activities are included in the scope of the Charter in 2011, meets at least three times in a year.
- The General Assembly is held in a way that participating members may freely take the floor in a transparent and active atmosphere, to which the audiences are also accepted.
- The managers and members of Darüşşafaka Association and Darüşşafaka Sports Club attend the meetings of the General Assembly and the Higher Advisory Council as well as memorial days and celebrations of the Society. The Association organizes a traditional “Rice Day” at Maslak Campus once in a year.
- The Society keeps in contact with the graduates of university and of higher education scholars granted by Darüşşafaka.
- The meetings of the School Council are regularly held. The parental guardians of Darüşşafaka actively works at Darüşşafaka Examination Publicity Meetings organized each year throughout Turkey.
- New personnel employments are announced on the newspapers and on the Internet.
- New student admissions are announced to all potential candidates who meet the criteria of Darüşşafaka. Invitations of examination are sent to all students who are eligible for admission to the examination. In order to reach out these students, “Examination Publicity Meetings” are organized in the provinces where the number of potential candidates is high.
Providing controlled newsfeed on printed and visual media for the developments, which are seen necessary to be announced within the year by Communication Department of Darüşşafaka Society, the public is informed in detail. Based on the content of the developments, this announcement can also be made by press conference. The Society evaluates in writing various developments and questions or information requests with regard to general stream addressed by the press, and provides negative or positive responses.
The procedure for the news on mass media is as follows:
Darüşşafaka Society follows up the news published by prominent national and local mass media related to Darüşşafaka through a media-monitoring agency in Turkey. The Communication Department shares any news published within this scope with the members of the Board of Directors and the managers.
Unfounded News and Rumors
In principle, Darüşşafaka Society does not deliver any opinion about rumors and speculations. If the corporate reputation is at risk or the management finds it necessary and preferable to respond, disclosure is made for such unfounded news.
News on information that is postponed to be disclosed
If information of which disclosure is postponed for the purpose of protecting the interests of Darüşşafaka Society appears on news, although all necessary precautions are taken for the confidentiality of the information, the Society keeps silent in principle. If, however, it is necessary for protecting the interests of the donators, students and parental guardians of Darüşşafaka Society, disclosure can be made for the news. In the disclosure, it may be expressed that no information shall be provided on the process during the postponement and the public shall be informed when the incidents are clarified.